Health & Safety Protocols:
Studio is re-opening for public drop-in group classes on Wednesday, Sep.8, 2021.
Please note that these policies are based on current considerations, information and government guidance and will be subject to change as the situation evolves.
- we ask that all students, teachers and staff self-screen and please stay home if at all feeling unwell or symptomatic
- based on the recent government mandate, all students attending in-person classes will be asked upon your first visit for proof of vaccination OR exemption (if you are unsure what qualifies as an exemption, please contact the studio directly)
- please respect the privacy of others and we ask everyone to refrain from any conversations around personal medical status
- we will limit the number of students in any class to a maximum of 12 (with up to 7 mats on one side wall and 5 mats on the other side wall, with each mat staggered so no one is directly in front of anyone else; once the first 14 students arrive up the stairs, then we will ask the teacher to lock the downstairs door to signal the class is full)
- please arrive wearing yoga practice attire and a face covering
- it will be mandatory to sanitize your hands at the bottom of the stairwell upon entering the studio
- everyone must wear a face mask inside the studio common studio areas and only remove your mask once on your mat inside the practice space (and if you prefer, you may also wear one during the practice)
- teachers will remain on their own mat throughout the class and offer verbal instructions only
- whenever possible (weather permitting), we will keep the windows open for fresh air circulation
- there will be no use of change rooms or washrooms (unless in emergency, and in that case, clean up after yourself and use sanitizer spray on the toilet, sink, and door handle)
- we will ask everyone to regularly wash and / or sanitize your hands throughout the day
- we will ask that everyone bring their own yoga mat and props (such as an eye pillow, blankets, etc), if needed (the only studio props that will be made available to the public are yoga blocks and bolsters which will be covered in plastic and each student will need to bring their own blanket to place over the bolster)
- we will ask that everyone bring their own drinking container for water (no studio cups or utensils will be made available)
- all high contact surfaces will be regularly sanitized throughout the day
- we will thoroughly clean the studio prior to re-opening each day
– All classes are drop-in and open to everyone (unless it is listed as a Pre-Registered class)
– If you are a new student, you are welcome to drop-in to any class. All classes are suitable for all levels.
– Please arrive a few minutes before the start time so that you may sign-up, pay for class, and get familiar with the space.
Prana Restorative – (with Felicia)
Begin with Yin postures (holding poses that pressurize the meridian lines), followed by Pranayama (conscious breathing practices), and transitioning into Restorative postures (prop supported poses) accompanied by Yoga Nidra (guided meditation).
Restorative Yin Yoga
This class is mainly focused on floor work, where you move from restorative poses where you are prop-supported interwoven with Yin postures where you pressurize and stretch the meridian lines.
Experience individualized yoga in a group setting. This is a lead class where the teacher will facilitate each student to move at their own breath and movement capacity as we practice postures, conscious breathing, meditation, rest and relaxation.
Karma Yoga – (by donation only – pay what you can). Enjoy a yoga class while also helping to support a good cause as all proceeds will be donated to various charitable causes in Toronto & India, including our Outreach.
All students are welcome.
Subtle Tools of Yoga – (with Felicia) – this is a paid ($40 total for each Saturday class) monthly workshop where preregistration is required in advance. Partial proceeds will be donated to the Yoga Therapy Toronto Outreach Program.
Experience how we move from gross towards subtle. Starting with conscious movements, focused breathing and pranayama, use of sound & mantra, guided meditation and philosophy, ending with relaxation.
Saturday Dates in 2021 (9:30am to 11:30am): Oct.30 | Nov.27 | Dec.11 |
Saturday Dates in 2022 (9:30am to 11:30am): Jan.8 | Feb.5 | Mar.5 | Apr.9 | May.7 |
** Ongoing Workshops – Join us for select workshops throughout the year as we deeply explore the various tools of yoga, such as: meditation, chanting, philosophy, and psychology.
Please inquire about topics and upcoming dates.
** All group class passes should be used within 1 year of purchase (or they will expire) **